Management is about arranging and telling. Leadership is about nurturing and enhancing.
This course will change your perspective and bring out the best in you. It will also give you a set of tools and techniques to manage the work and lead people.
Let’s face it, if you don’t lead your team with clear-cut procedures, they’ll make up the rules themselves.
Duration – 3 days @ £1297+VAT
Who is it for?
New managers, new leaders, or seasoned managers especially in organisations who recognise the need for change and new thinking in a fast-moving world. We also find that managers with teams that are newly formed/merged, disenchanted or where there’s low morale or high turnover benefit hugely from this course. It’s an investment of your time that you’ll find extremely worthwhile.
You have 5 + years’ work experience in either the private or public sectors.
What you will learn
- As you move up the ladder, your time becomes others’ time so you’ll need to better manage yourself
- Your business – core beliefs, values and standards – what are they?
- Planning, productivity measures, mapping and prioritising
- A set of four tools for project management (more detail and twelve tools on the 3-day course)
- Closing the gap between you and your team. Inclusion and gaining respect
- Consistency. Setting the bar
- Coaching and shaping a team to create ideas and to work with business/team targets rather than just their own
- New perspective on leading teams. Getting the best from your team experts
- Meetings – 1-2-1’s and four types of meetings. Getting the best results.
- One-minute management
- Reporting – making sure you know what’s going on, hotspots, trouble spots, what could ‘stop the engine’?
- Decision Making & Leadership
- Crisis management
- Truth and lies
- Learning body language
- Understanding ‘implicit’ and ‘explicit’
- Situation management, behaviour, conflict, performance management people who don’t fit in and disciplinary matters.