As you embark on your new career as a manager this course will give you the tools and techniques to help you to make a success of your new role.
Companies need managers to motivate and drive teams; there is a huge benefit in terms of work and time saved by managers who are confident in their management approach.
Who is this course for
This course is ideal for anyone new to a management role.
Delegates will be provided with pre-course leadership wheel prior to attending the course by email. The success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-work material. If you have not received your pre- work material within one week of the start of your course, please contact your Account Manager.
You will learn
- Recognise the key characteristics of a great manager
- Explain the similarities and differences of management and leadership skills
- Describe your preferred styles of leadership and the impact of your behaviour on others
- Recognise how teams evolve and assess your own team’s evolutionary position
- Assert yourself in your role and deal with challenging situations
- Communicate effectively in writing, including email
- Organise your time and prepare, design and conduct meetings for maximum effect
- Design effective goals and targets
- Review the advantages and risks of giving and receiving feedback
- Identify and have actionable steps for increasing your leadership and management effectiveness