Who Should Attend
Anyone wanting to develop their digital design skills and create accurate 2D images and 3D models to visualise space. Suitable for designers from all backgrounds from interior designers , architects, theatre and film as well as artists and craftspeople.
Creating 3D drawings quickly and easily is a valuable skill in any design practice and can significantly enhance your professional communication and presentation. Sketch Up Make is a free 3D modelling software, available as a free download, making it accessible for all.
From 2D plans and elevations to 3D rendered objects and interiors.
You’ll soon be able to tap into its potential as we introduce you to its tools, importing furniture , materials and textures, rendering and organisational concepts. You will even learn how to present your design with a short impressive animation sequence.
- Program overview, interface and settings for PC and Mac
- Axes, inferences, use of the mouse while navigating in space
- Introduction to the edit menu, large tool set
- Drawing in 2D , creating 3D geometry and manipulating shapes
- Creating accurate 3D objects
- 3D Warehouse: importing furniture, scaling, rotating, moving
- Organising your project: groups, components and outliner
- Editing tools: rotate, scale, section cuts, creating arrays and mirror techniques
- How to import DWG ( CAD ) plans as JPG, scaling and retracing
- Bucket tool- importing textures, images and rendering modes
- Follow me tool
- Setting scenes and creating an animation
- How to set different styles, creating and saving 3D views and printing options
- Free rendering plug-ins and Extension Warehouse
You will have practised using the tools through a series of exercises and be able to create 2D plans, 3D models and renderings.
This easy-to-use interface, will help you as designer to explore the entire volume of the space and make design decision accordingly.
You will experience the process of realistically shaping spaces, through the manipulation of spatial volume.
Sketch Up will represent for you a very powerful tool to effectively communicate your ideas to clients and colleagues.
You’ll leave with a number of digital images and the ability to produce accurate models.