Unless you are employed as a Project Manager, projects are usually one off pieces of work that sit outside of your regular day to day employment duties. They vary in size/complexity and always have a definitive start and end date with a measurable outcome. As they sit outside of your day to day activity you will require a different set of skills to successfully manage these projects and bring them to a successful close.
This one day course is designed to provide an introduction and an easy step by step guide to managing a project from start to finish.
Who is this course for?
- Individuals who have been asked to take on additional responsibility of managing one off small to medium sized projects
- Employees who have previously managed a small / medium sized project but felt overwhelmed by the experience
- Ambitious employees who are looking to add an extra dimension to their core skill set
- Individuals who may have unsuccessfully managed a project in the past e.g. missed timescales, over spent, did not meet the project target objective and are looking to learn new skills in order to improve their next project management experience
What you will learn?
- Have an overall appreciation of the steps involved in managing a project
- Know how to determine the viability of a project
- Plan a project and determine it’s critical path
- Understand how to manage each stage of a project
- Appreciate how to recruit and manage a project team
- Be able to apply the information learnt to a real life project example
- Feel confident about taking ownership of a new project