This course is fast-moving and designed for individuals aspiring to become a manager or those who have stumbled into management and have had little or no training to help them through the transition.
Managing people is a big responsibly and you need to earn respect to get the best results. You are managing their time, their input and output and keeping a balance of fact-based reasoning along with your judgement, team attitudes and capabilities. Meanwhile you have your own workload to manage. Customers will also expect better and quicker decisions from you and for you to act like a manager.
You cannot be one or lads or one of the girls anymore. You may have to discipline one or more, after all.
We will work through management models such as: Managing Performance, Planning, Target setting, Delegation, Translating the company’s goals, getting the best from your team; then 1-2-1’s and team talks.
The coach for this course has been managing teams of 8 to 300 for many years and was the youngest manager in his company at 24 years old. From the school of hard knocks and some great advice and learning he pulled through it.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Individuals who are looking for a promotion into a management role
- Managers who are new to their role and want to learn how to improve the measurability and productivity of their team
- Those who need help with listening and influencing skills
- New managers making the transaction from staff or team leader to manager
- Managers who want to learn how to motivate and manage different personality types to create a productive team