Web Fundamentals NodeJS Training Courses
Academy Class brings you training in NodeJS. We offer full courses in NodeJS through which we train students. Now you can attend these courses in the cities of London, Glasgow, and Manchester.
NodeJS training courses at Academy Class range from the basic beginner’s to the advanced professional level. All our NodeJS training course instructors are from the industry and highly experienced, who ensure that you take home with you all the practical knowledge required to aid you in your professional career.
We have designed our coursework as such that makes learning NodeJS a fun-filled experience. At Academy Class the tutors provide you practical examples along with the technicalities of the software to guarantee you a complete command over NodeJS.
We have developed a whole curriculum spanning on different levels of 3ds training which would make these courses not only an enriching experience but will also leave you content and pleased with attending Academy Class.
These NodeJS courses features in-class training, supportive learning environment, industry-certified trainers and up-to-date syllabus. Academy Class provides you state-of-the-art PC workstations to facilitate advanced learning.
Academy Class gives special attention to your specific needs regarding NodeJS training courses making even technical education a fulfilling experience. Moreover, if you are not content with whatever you have learned in the length of the publically scheduled NodeJS training coursework and think that you cannot put it to practical application still, we offer you free of charge retake of the sessions, within 6 months of your first day of training.
Academy Class promises you total learning satisfaction with regards to your NodeJS training course. Now you do not have to worry about investing a huge amount for your training and not reaping the benefits. With Academy Class you can have complete peace of mind while you leave your training in our capable hands.
There are 3 NodeJS training courses offered which defines the level of grip Academy Class provides you over the subject matter. These NodeJS training courses are designed to get you up to date as swiftly as possible. Whether you are a professional creative designer or a new user, Academy Class has got it all to gear you up to use NodeJS like you know it by heart.
*All classes at Academy Class’s begin at 9:30AM and end between 4:30PM
Node is a modular tool which means you are entitled to use freely available units that already offer highly advanced solutions to many common problems, and can be used with the minimal of code. To date, there are over 200,000 free modules that produce almost any part of the workflow as an existing off the shelf solution. This can radically reduce development time and costs and is why NodeJS has become one of the largest free server platforms to date used in the development of modern web applications.
- Level: Intro to Advanced 1
- Time: 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Duration: 4 Days
- Hours: 24 Hours
- Cost: £1197.00 ex VAT
Choose the date you would like to book:
If no dates appear then please call 0800 043 8889 for more date information
After completing this course, students will be able to build and debug applications using the NodeJS programming language.
Anyone who wants to learn NodeJS
- Developing NodeJS modules
- File handling and REPL
- Managing processes
- Building a RESTful API with Express and a template engine
- Web Sockets, TCP, HTTP, HTTPs
- Debugging Node applications and Unit Testing
- Data types, asserting and checking
- Collections, arrays and objects
- Functions, Control Flow and Loops
- Object Orientated Programming
- Revealing Module and other common design patterns
- Downloading and installing Node
- Create a simple node application
- The Node Terminal
- Node Package Manager NPM
- Creating a package for managing your application
- What is a module
- Require and Module Exports
- Using Core modules
- Creating modules
- Design patterns for organising modules
- Look at useful core modules
- Node apps and managing a file system
- Creating and deleting files and directories
- Copying and managing files
- Scanning directories
- What is a process
- Managing processes
- Creating background process
- Task runners and recovering from failure
HTTP and HTTPs
- Making a simple server
- When to use HTTP and HTTPs
- Server ports and listening
- HTTP Requests and Responses
- Request and Response headers and body
- Creating a response to incoming requests
- Building a simple HTTP server with static files
NET (TCP) and WebSockets
- How do socket servers differ with HTTP
- Using TCP and WebSockets
- Server and Clients
- Native applications vs web applications
- Making a simple chatroom app with HTML5 and WebSockets
- Why socket.IO over other WebSocket modules
- Client side and Server side
- Data persistence options
- What is the express framework
- How it differs to using HTTP and other core modules
- Creating an Express application
- Making an HTTP internal server
- Attaching Express to an external server
- The role of semantic requests
- USE, GET, POST, PUT, DELETE etc
Routing, static routes and data routes
- Routes explained
- Defining routes with paths and URL
- Defining route parameters for data input
- URL Encoded variables
- The use of Route Parameters and URL variables
- Regular Expressions
- External Routing
- Static Routing
- What does RESTful mean?
- Manipulating data via a route
- Typical semantic requests for routing an API
- Persisting data through JSON
- The role of database technology
- MongoDB and Comparison to MySQL
- Using MongoDB locally or via online service
- Downloading and installing MongoDB
- Running a MongoDB Server Locally
- Data location and paths
- Running the MongoDB Terminal
- Principles of NoSQL Database
- Creating Databases and Collections
- Difference between traditional Databases
- Collections verses Tables
- Documents verses Rows
- Using Models with DB
- Simple queries to read and sort data
- Updating data
- Deleting data
- Further learning of MongoDB
- How to use MongoDB with Ex[ress
- Native MongoDB module
- MongoJS and Mongoose
- Using Schemas to control RESTful APIs
Online DB Services
- Why use application data solutions?
- Firebase, DerbyJS, Meteor, FeatherJS, Parse.com
Express and Rendering Data
- What is a renderer?
- Jade, EJS, Mustache and Handlebars
- Rendering your pages with data bindings
- Using partials
- Creating a fully dynamic website
- What is unit testing
- How to plan for unit testing
- Working with popular solutions like Jasmine and Mocha
- Testing your app with Mocha
Node for native apps
- Using node for working with desktop and mobile applications
- Making fast servers for games
- Socket servers for realtime communication
MEAN Stack Web Apps
- What is a MEAN Stack app?
- Rendering dynamic user interfaces
- Front end frameworks: AngularJS and ReactJS
Building a real world app
- Creating a full real-world application using Node and Express
- Planning and designing
- Using object graphs
- Creating Restful APIs and testing with PostMan
- Building a simple app with partials using Bootstrap3
- Differentiating static routes from data routes
Publishing your Apps and Modules
- Running your own Node Server
- Using a hosting company
- Publishing modules on NPM and Github
The future of NodeJS
- ES6 Harmony and ES7
So you wish to know more? Simply enter your details - and we'll contact you back.
Here’s what you get on an Academy Class
Blended Learning Experience
With a blended learning at Academy Class you’ll really get to hit the ground running and give yourself the very best opportunity to get the most out of your learning experience. Blended learning is an approach to learning that blends technology with classroom instruction and is scientifically proved to be more effective than just classroom training alone.
We typically supply training videos that accompany your class for a blended learning experience or notes or a reference text, or in some cases both. Either way, we try to provide sufficient supporting material so that you can return to your work place with sufficient confidence to permit further learning.
We like to look after our customers with:
We offer you an range of options for lunch, including baguettes, sandwiches, salads and fresh fruit, full of healthy ingredients to help boost your energy levels. We also provide Chilled water, posh coffee & Tea, biscuits and sweets, sugar and spice and all things nice!
The Academy Class Guarantee – Your Learning Guarantee
Whichever class you learn with Academy Class comes with the Academy Class Guarantee. This means if you have any gaps in your knowledge after taking this class and would like to refresh your skills then you can come back and resit this class free of charge up to 6 months after you have taken the class. We really want to help you achieve what you want to achieve through training.