Mobile Development iOS App Developer Training Courses
Nowadays, the upcoming developers want to develop applications for mobile devices, particularly for iPhone for they have changed the mobile world completely. Academy Class brings its iPhone Application Development training course to make application development cycle easy to understand and fun.
Our courses begin 9.30am and running till 4:30pm.
Students will learn how to use the major tools and APIs in the iOS SDK 4 and how they all fit together to build iPhone applications like the experts. You will gain practical coding experience to set you on your way to start creating your own iPhone applications with self-assurance.
With our expert’s guidance you will complete iPhone Application Development training course with the knowledge of Xcode 4, Objective-C, Cocoa Touch programming, UIKit framework and the APIs included in the iOS SDK. You will be able to use these powerful tools and be ready to create your first iPhone application or improve your existing applications.
Academy Class will train you in using navigation tools, view options and their controllers, table views, keyboard input, gesture recognizers, core data along with teaching you animation techniques, how to enhance applications’ performance, debugging of applications and transition to the iPad in its iPhone Application Development training course.
Furthermore, you will be skilled at interface building, networking, picture integration, address book access and personalization, usage of accelerometer, GPS usability, persistence of data, custom drawing, accessing camera and photos with applications, profiling and live device testing, push e-mail application development, multi-touch functions and much more with our iPhone Application Development training course.
If after taking the iPhone/iPad iOS training course with Academy class you don’t get a chance to use the technology or forget something then you are more than welcome to come back and retake the class FREE OF CHARGE. That’s the Academy Class GUARANTEE of learning
iPhone Application Development training course by Academy Class are being offered in the cities of London, Glasgow, Manchester.
Swift Development 101 Yellow Belt
Swift manages to combine the power of an object orientated programming language – using controlled data-types and high level patterns of development – with the simplicity and ease of use of a scripting language. Cherry-picking many of the best concepts from other modern languages, Swift seeks to fix many inconstancies and dangers found in traditional coding, and offer the opportunity for developers to create new source code that is highly reduced from older Objective C patterns. Code written in Swift is easier to maintain, and allows more scope to experiment with the new Playgrounds feature found in Xcode.!
- Level: Introduction 1
- Time: 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Duration: 3 Days
- Hours: 18 Hours
- Cost: £697.00 ex VAT
Choose the date you would like to book:
Live Online Training
If no dates appear then please call 0800 043 8889 for more date information
Swift is Apple’s replacement for the Objective C language, that seeks to simplify the process of coding and modernise the language used for creating iOS and OS X apps.
This course is ideal for anyone who wants to have a thorough walkthrough of the language in more detail than on the standard iOS course, and is perfectly suited to anyone who has studies iOS/OSX development, and wants to cross over from Objective C into Swift.
This course assumes basic knowledge of coding, and will be making references to the iOS APIs when demonstrating how to implement swift.
Swift is Apple’s replacement for the Objective C language, that seeks to simplify the process of
coding and modernise the language used for creating iOS and OS X apps. Swift manages to
combine the power of an object orientated programming language – using controlled data-types
and high level patterns of development – with the simplicity and ease of use of a scripting
language. Cherry-picking many of the best concepts from other modern languages, Swift seeks to
fix many inconstancies and dangers found in traditional coding, and offer the opportunity for
developers to create new source code that is highly reduced from older Objective C patterns. Code
written in Swift is easier to maintain, and allows more scope to experiment with the new
Playgrounds feature found in Xcode.
This course assumes basic knowledge of coding, and will be making references to the iOS APIs
when demonstrating how to implement swift. This course is ideal for anyone who wants to have a
thorough walkthrough of the language in more detail than on the standard iOS course, and is
perfectly suited to anyone who has studies iOS/OSX development, and wants to cross over from
Objective C into Swift.
- Origins of Swift
- Why abandon Objective C and C
- Grammatical/lexical base for the language
- Links to other languages
- Relationship to iOS APIs and OSX APIs
- Playgrounds and Xcode
- Swift and Objective C working together
Basic constructs of Swift code
- Basic datatypes, operators and logic
- Variables and Constants
- Type annotation, type safety and types inference
- Type conversion and casting
- New Swift Strings
- Processing, concatenating and analysing strings
- New datatypes for Arrays and Dictionaries
- Relationships to Foundation and NSString/NSArray/NSDictionary
- Printing to the Log
More advanced data patterns
- Type aliases
- Optionals – how to use and hidden dangers
- Optional bindings
- nil, how it compares to NULL and nil in
- Assertions and debugging
- For loops and range operators
- Half closed range operator
- Literal arrays
- Modifying and accessing
- Mutable or Immutable?
- Differences from NSArray
- Comparing NSDictionary
- Iterating collections
- For, do, while
- If, Else
- Swifts changes to traditional code
- Dealing with implicit fall through
- Range matching
- Bindings, where
- Control transfer, break, continue
- Labelled statements
- Defining and calling functions
- Function parameters and return values
- Default parameters, parameter names
- External and shorthand parameter names
- Variadic parameters
- Constant and variable parameters
- In/Out Parameters
- Function types
- Nested functions
- Scope and closures
- Closure expressions
- Trailing closures and shorthand
- Capturing scope
- Closures as a reference type
Classes, Structures and Enumerators
- Difference between Objective C, C and Swift
- Structures in Swift
- Classes in Swift
- Comparing Structures and Classes, when to use one or the other
- Properties and methods
- Memberwise initialisers
- Structures and Enumerators, a comparison
- Classes as reference types
- Identity operators
- Assignment and copy behaviour
- Forcing copies
- Stored properties
- Lazy loading
- Computed properties
- Getters and setters
- Read only and computed values
- Property observers
- Global and Local variables
- Type properties
- Instance Methods
- Local and external parameter names for methods
- Self (this)
- Base classes and subclassing
- Super class and subclass methods
- Preventing overrides
- Initialiser Delegation for Value Types
- Class inheritance and initialisation
- Initialiser chaining
- Safety checking and automatics
- Default properties within closures and functions
- Automatic Reference Counting ARC
- Strong and weak references
- Unowned references
- Strong reference cycles for closures
- Model View Control
- Optional chaining
- Calling via optional chaining
- Nested types
- Protocols and Delegation
- extensions and inheritance
- composition and conformance
- Type Parameters and constraints
- Associated Types
- Where clauses
- Bitwise operators
- Precedence and Associativity
- Operator Functions
- Prefix and Postfix Operators
- Compound Assignment Operators
- Equivalence Operators
- Custom Operators
Applying Swift to your projects
- Working with Foundation, UIKit and other Apple APIs
- Plans for migrating your code from Objective C to Swift
- Using Swift with objective C
- Extending existing Objective C classes with Swift
- Building some simple swift applications
So you wish to know more? Simply enter your details - and we'll contact you back.
Here’s what you get on an Academy Class
Blended Learning Experience
With a blended learning at Academy Class you’ll really get to hit the ground running and give yourself the very best opportunity to get the most out of your learning experience. Blended learning is an approach to learning that blends technology with classroom instruction and is scientifically proved to be more effective than just classroom training alone.
We typically supply training videos that accompany your class for a blended learning experience or notes or a reference text, or in some cases both. Either way, we try to provide sufficient supporting material so that you can return to your work place with sufficient confidence to permit further learning.
We like to look after our customers with:
We offer you an range of options for lunch, including baguettes, sandwiches, salads and fresh fruit, full of healthy ingredients to help boost your energy levels. We also provide Chilled water, posh coffee & Tea, biscuits and sweets, sugar and spice and all things nice!
The Academy Class Guarantee – Your Learning Guarantee
Whichever class you learn with Academy Class comes with the Academy Class Guarantee. This means if you have any gaps in your knowledge after taking this class and would like to refresh your skills then you can come back and resit this class free of charge up to 6 months after you have taken the class. We really want to help you achieve what you want to achieve through training.