Adobe Muse Training Courses
Design and publish HTML websites without writing code
Create websites as easily as you create layouts for print. You can design and publish original HTML pages to the latest web standards without writing code. Muse makes it a snap to produce unique, professional websites. Adobe Muse training in London, Glasgow and Manchester.
Our courses begin at 9.30am and running till 4:30pm.
Muse 101 Yellow Belt
The thought of having to learn HTML and CSS can be incredibly daunting. Thanks to Adobe’s Muse, there’s now no need. With the intuitive Muse software you can easily build small to medium-sized websites with no prior webdesign experience whatsoever. In this comprehensive 101 class, you’ll learn how to create pages, incorporate navigation, use images, and publish a website in just two days.
- Level: Introduction
- Time: 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Duration: 2 Days
- Hours: 12 Hours
- Cost: Call for detail
Adobe Muse is for those new to web design that want to build websites without learning HTML and CSS. Muse is a great tool for small to medium sized web projects for those that have no web experience. Muse enables you to build a website using familiar knowledge from InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. You will learn to use Master pages, incorporate images, set up navigation, and publish your website in this 2 day class.
For designers who would like to produce professional websites without coding
To gain the most from this class, students should be familiar with the web and its terminology.
• What is Adobe Muse?
• Creating your site
• Planning Your Website and Designing Pages
• Working with Text in Adobe Muse
• Navigation, Links and Buttons
• Graphics, Images and the Look of your Site
• More Complex Content
• Publishing Websites
What is Adobe Muse?
- How Muse differs from Adobe Dreamweaver
- Creating "drag and drop websites without writing code
- How Muse is similar to InDesign and the Creative Suite applications
- Understanding the Adobe Muse website development workflow
Creating your site
- Starting with a Site File and how this is similar to starting with Adobe InDesign files
- Understanding the differences between Fixed and Fluid Widths
- How margins in Muse are similar to margins in InDesign
Planning Your Website and Designing Pages
- Utilizing the Muse Plan view to add and organize your web pages
- Taking advantage of the flexibility of adding pages down the line
- Applying the default master page to the entire website
- Adding navigation to the Header and Footer
- Using Page Guides to define the size of the Header and Footer
Graphics, Images and the Look of your Site
- Understanding the difference between RGB and CMYK
- Working with “Web Safe” colors
- Ensuring images are 72ppi, or “Low Resolution” for fast downloads
- How Muse automatically adjusts placed images to 72ppi
- Copying and pasting .GIF, .JPG, .PNG or Photoshop (PSD) files directly into Muse
- What file format is the best choice for each image
- Adding color and a background image to your master page
- Ensuring a background image is the proper size for your site
- Using the Muse Control Panel and similarities between other Adobe applications
- Creating 100% width content that stretch to the width of the browser window
Navigation, Links and Buttons
- Understanding that navigation is one of the foundations of your site
- Making sure your planned website and navigation are consistent
- Adding Global Navigation by dragging and dropping
- Adding internal and external links
- Changing the appearance of links with Edit Link Styles
- Adding buttons with different appearances, and working with Rollover buttons
Working with Text in Adobe Muse
- Typing or pasting text in Muse and understanding formatting options
- Working with Column Guides
- Using Web Safe Fonts to ensure a consistent user experience
- How fonts are measured differently for web (pixels) instead of points as in print applications
- What is CSS and how Muse automatically utilizes these styles
- Tips on adding text that is “Google Friendly”
More Complex Content
- Adding Pin Content so a button can float above the rest of the page
- Using the Link Anchor button to jump from one area on a page to another
- Adding slideshows and maps to your site
- Deciding on a host: Whether you are using Adobe Business Catalyst or another host
- Choosing and obtaining your URL
- If using a non-Adobe host, learn how to export your HTML and upload it
So you wish to know more? Simply enter your details - and we'll contact you back.
Here’s what you get on an Academy Class
Blended Learning Experience
With a blended learning at Academy Class you’ll really get to hit the ground running and give yourself the very best opportunity to get the most out of your learning experience. Blended learning is an approach to learning that blends technology with classroom instruction and is scientifically proved to be more effective than just classroom training alone.
We typically supply training videos that accompany your class for a blended learning experience or notes or a reference text, or in some cases both. Either way, we try to provide sufficient supporting material so that you can return to your work place with sufficient confidence to permit further learning.
We like to look after our customers with:
We offer you an range of options for lunch, including baguettes, sandwiches, salads and fresh fruit, full of healthy ingredients to help boost your energy levels. We also provide Chilled water, posh coffee & Tea, biscuits and sweets, sugar and spice and all things nice!
The Academy Class Guarantee – Your Learning Guarantee
Whichever class you learn with Academy Class comes with the Academy Class Guarantee. This means if you have any gaps in your knowledge after taking this class and would like to refresh your skills then you can come back and resit this class free of charge up to 6 months after you have taken the class. We really want to help you achieve what you want to achieve through training.