Conflict is inevitable, people disagree, argue and sometimes this is conflict.
Conflict management is a way of resolving conflict early by means of skilled communication and negotiation. We need to know how to nip it in the bud and how to diffuse the situation before it gets out of hand.
The important question is how well to handle conflict situations? Some people are too pushy and say too much, some are too passive and say nothing.
The best way to resolve conflicts is to develop a rational approach to all people and all problems. Use reason, as opposed to either a high emotional approach or avoidance.
This one day course aim is to develop a rational team able to reason and communicate effectively.
Who is this course for?
All personnel needing to work with others more effectively when having to manage conflict situations.
What you will learn?
- Use tools to identify positions, point of disagreement and causes of conflict
- Identify the key components present in all angry confrontations
- Recognise the different stages of conflict escalation
- Maintain composure when responding to conflict and aggression, use skills to manage words, phrases and body language
- Demonstrate skills to stay calm and manage angry behaviour